Monday, April 7, 2008

Today marks Week 7

I have been on WW now for six weeks. I feel so happy with my decision and my resolve so far.

Every day I feel stronger, every day I feel like I have got the right mind set, and I am trying to analyze it very closely, to see what it is that is making it work this time. This last weekend, was a real test, and I passed it with flying colours.

I have learnt that
* I can control my food intake in all settings
* If I go away, I can find out what food will be on offer and incorporate it into my food journal, before I even get there, so that I can work in foods around it.
* I can make good food choices if the family wants McDonalds. It may cause inconvenience and take more time for me to go elsewhere for food, but I can spend the same points as a small 'healthy' McDonald's meal and have a huge chicken salad roll, which fills me is satisfying and is good for me too.

I am looking forward to the weeks ahead and the changes which are going to take place. I am already wearing jeans which I had put up on the top part of my wardrobe, because I didn't look nice in them anymore. They are actually feeling a little loose - I have no idea when that happened. My pjs which I dragged out to take away for the weekend are permanently tied up, just loose enough that I can pull them down over my hips in the middle of the night for a visit to the loo, but now they threaten to ride down in bed - and I don't want to tighten them just yet - it feels too good to have them loose. If I am wearing a camisole under a top, and I haven't put the top on yet, I feel comfortable and look nice. The Michelin man look is fading and I feel so much better within myself. If I catch myself in a window, I am not upset by the vision.....

I bought new WW scales last week, and even though they weigh heavier, which I knew they would I know I have still lost the same amount of weight and I can 'feel' that I have lost more weight, so I am happy with that.

1 comment:

Blogger K L said...

hi, I just found your blog through the ww boards, and was so encouraged - it's fantastic you're seeing and feeling the changes, and making really healthy decisions, without being deprived. I keep a blog too (at fighttobethin.blogspot.com) and find it helps me with staying on track. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say thanks for your blog, it's great being able to share the ww journey with others. Kathryn (Goalweight65 on ww boards)