Friday, April 11, 2008

Have been slack posting, but not slack on my WW journey


I can't have a weight loss blog without the frank honesty of pictures. The above pics were taken on my birthday and then painting in the new year (2008). The first photos are taken a few days after Christmas, and I reckon I'd already put most of the Kate Morgan loss back on.....


This was taken this morning, before going out to take kids to town, and after my scales didn't tell me what I wanted to hear again...... I will take to take proof from all things 'scaleless'!! My NSVs (non scale victories) definitely outnumber the joy on the scales at this stage of my journey.


On Monday it's seven weeks since I started on this new journey. The time has gone very quickly and I am really pleased with how my change of attitude has helped me this time. As per my usual modus operandi I have plateaued at that 70kg mark. This is my fourth week of staying the same. I am a little frustrated, but nowhere near as I have been the other times. I have bought a new WW set of scales, and they read differently all the time. This morning Bunny cut me a piece of wood, so now they sit on something flat instead of trying to find a flat part on our slate floors. I had already eaten by the time he did that, so didn't want to hop onto the scales again.

I weighed first thing this morning, and all I want to see is 69 point something.......and I don't even want to record anything until I see that!!! I have been 70kg for so long, I need to see that six in the front.

I know that I am losing weight even though the scales don't give me that affirmation. As I needed proof, I decided to measure myself. On the WW forum I am part of a 12 week challenge, where we had to set goals and then report in daily/weekly of our progress. One of the things we had to do was measure ourselves and I wasn't going to measure myself again until the end of the month. My initial measurements were taken on 26/3. I was stunned to see that I have dropped 17 cm off my body........and not a smidgen off the scales. What gives, I don't understand that, it doesn't make sense. Okay, I have been using my weights and walking as much as pain and time allow me to, but that's ridiculous. I was just delighted when I saw those figures, I was amazed.

In regard to plateaus, I read an interesting article in an old Slimming magazine I borrowed from the library. It said that a plateau of 2-3 months is nothing to worry about, and that it was the body settling into it's new weight, and that it also meant that it would stay off better. Sometimes I wonder if this stuff is just phsyco babble, but I will take words or encouragement where I can.

Today I took the kids to a small park down the road and I did the first step of C25K. I did okay. I didn't think I could do it, but I managed okay. I hope to go out again tomorrow. Even though he recommends a rest day, I won't get a chance on Sunday, and I am working three days next week, so that will be out......(Why does work have to get in the way of life) When I came home I did my weights, and used my fitball to do my crunches. I feel like I have done a great workout. I am also not going to eat my exercise points anymore. I think I can still save points for the weekend without eating them. If I go away on the weekend, or there's a special dinner or something, then I will, but that doesn't happen often, and that's life anyway, but for weight loss I will try and not eat them.

I bought a book 'All About me' as recommended by Kirsty.

The book is available through here. It's really cool, as you can write in your daily food, your weights, cardio and abdominal workouts. I love it. So cool to have everything together. Probably a little over priced, but I like it, and it helps to keep me focussed.




1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

17 cm is fantastic Jenny, dont stress too much about what the scales are saying, you are still making progress, just stick with it.

If there is one thing I have learned since reading up about IE and weight loss in general it is that the scale is not always the best measure of our progress, and not to let it mess with your head, and also that if you continue with the good habits you will get results - just let go of the time frames.

Cheers