Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I had a revelation today

I was driving home from dropping the kidlets at school and it was then that my revelation hit me. I am either in one or two spaces where food is concerned. I am either hating the way I look, feeling self conscious, feeling uncomfortable, feeling helpless or I can be thinking about my meal plan for the day, working out what I can take to work, working out how to make dinner time as easy as possible when cooking for five and not just for myself. In the end one way of thinking is very negative and reactive to my situation. Being on Kate Morgan is a positive step in the right direction, it's pro-active and positive - and only good things can come of it.

I am not deluded to believe that this is a way of life, I am not that stupid. I know that I can't keep eating very basic foods, even though I know it's very good for me. But for now it will work. I am determined to make a good dent in the weight I need to lose. I also know that I just can't abandon healthy eating EVER!! Put it this way, I can do KM and then when I am maintaining my weight I will revert back to the WW way of doing things........in all seriousness, WW will be almost decadent after I finish my stint with this.

I am also surprised that I am not feeling crappy so far. When I did the Atkins Diet, I felt dreadful. I was lethargic, had a rotten headache and just felt so weak. With this I feel fine, I had a headache for most of Monday, but that might have been just a 'normal' headache. I actually feel quite good, full of energy and happy. I am taking a multi vitamin tonic as well, and I think that's helping in a huge way. My life is too busy, and with my depression, I really can't afford to feel unwell again.......

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Hi Jenny!

I am so glad you posted a link to this blog on your other blog, I had lost this URL when I was changing my blog about, and couldnt for the life of me remember what it was called. I have been thinking about you, and always really appreciate the comments you leave on my blog.

I totally get where you are coming from with wanting to just get rid of some of the fat, before worrying too much about the rest of your life eating. I so want to get rid of some fat too. That is why I went back to the gym. They also have an eating plan there, which I am following loosely. I find most days I stick to it automatically and dont have to think too much about it, which is great, because that way I dont have the obsessive thoughts. The only times I get obsessive are the days when I look at the scales and they dont seem to have moved enough for all the hard work I am doing.

It is such a pain in the behind trying to lose weight ;-)

I hope the Kate Morgan plan is working for you, I think whatever works for each of us is the right way to go, there is no one pill cures all for weightloss. Good on you for looking out for something that you can fit into your life.

Sorry to hear the progesterone cream didnt work for you, it didnt do anything for my mum either, except lighten her purse, it was really expensive when she was using it. Just rememer you are not a failure if you have to rely on modern medicine, its not all bad, and it is certainly better than living with the alternative effects of menopause. I am not looking forward to it at all!

Anyway better get back to work, this must be the longest comment in history lol. Take care, I will be back often now that I have bookmarked you again.

Joc
xx