Tuesday, May 13, 2008

C25K

Billy-Joe and I are still continuing on with our program. On Saturday we did Week 4, Day 1. I really surprised myself. I managed to just keep plodding along. We started running down the road, and then continued along the creek and finished the run on the oval. We even did about the last two minutes up and down the oval so that we stayed in the shade - I find this helps me a lot. Billy-Joe struggled a few times, so walked a few steps and then fell back in time with me again.

I had considered giving up the jogging. My hips are not good. I reassess each time I run. At this point in time, I am finding my fitness improve, I recover quite quickly - and I am really loathe to give it up. Sometimes the walk home is difficult, but that's mainly because of the wretched hills - if it were flat, it would be so much easier - and given the problem I have, I know that hills aggravate it. When I think about it my legs feel like they have lead in them all the time, it's a wonder I can jog at all - so I am quite proud of myself for persevering. I will see my physio on Thursday - hopefully she won't rouse at me!!

I got my Polar HRM on Mothers Day, and it's so cool, I love it. It's red, which is such a happy colour. I hope to try it out this afternoon, I will go for a 5km walk, taking the long cut to pick up the kids from school.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Wow Jenny you are doing so well with the running, and it seems like you are enjoying it too.

Good to hear that your son's schooling is sorted out for next year too. I found the whole high school decision, and the starting of high school harder than the primary school one.

Take care :-)