Sunday, July 1, 2007

It's not a diet

I have been following this 'no diet' regime for over four months now. I am following the principles of Intuitive Eating. One thing I have done which I am really grateful for, is I haven't obsessed. IE has taken over my life. I haven't bought every book on the subject, (I have them on my fishpond wishlist, but have bought none). I am really pleased I haven't succumbed.............because -

It's not a diet, it's not something I can fail at. It's not something that may work............. It does work. You just have to let it. Let IE take a back seat. Allow your own body to dictate its wants and needs foodwise. I have even stopped reading 'diet' blogs for motivation, because often they are quite sad to read............

I am happy with my choice. It's working and I know I am a much happier person for it.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

The fact that you are not obsessing is so great. I know the first time I found out about IE I obsessed, I read books, I thought about it constantly. This time round has been better because I am letting it come to me rather than trying to force it. It is such a good feeling.

I dont read "diet blogs" anymore either, mostly I just read blogs that interest me, it is more about the personality of the blogger, and the way they make me feel, or the inspiration they give me that makes me read them.

You are so right, you cant fail at this, and the fact that you are happy is the proof of this.

:-)