Sunday, July 1, 2007

Diets don't work

They don't work for me! I am over dieting, I am over ever having to eat second grade food because I think it's 'better' for me. Things that have changed since I ditched diets forever................(that was four months ago).
* I don't think about food allllllll day long.
* I don't shudder when someone invites me to lunch/morning tea/dinner
* I don't plan my intake of food from dusk till dawn of any given day
* I don't record in a diary every morsel of food which passes my lips
* I don't feel guilty if I eat something 'bad'
* I do enjoy cooking and baking again
* I do relish the thought of trying new recipes
* I do enjoy making my family happy with my goodies
* I am not cringing over all the birthdays coming up
* I don't feel compelled to eat everything in one hit, because tomorrow I start a new diet
* I don't berate myself for being overweight
* I have gained no weight
* I have stayed the same weight but lost a little percentage of fat
* I don't have to drink crap milk anymore
* I enjoy eating crackers, and don't feel compelled to eat lots and lots and lots at once
* I can eat cheese now, and still only eat a little
* If I am not hungry, I don't eat, and I don't feel like I am missing out
* I don't get the shakes when I am hungry
* I am much, much happier


I feel I will add to this list as time goes by. I know that my body needs good food and exercise, and I don't begrudge having to do that, because it's my choice and not something someone has mandated for me. If I miss a week of gym............so be it. That's life. I am not training for a marathon, I am training for life, and................. I am a works in progress.

No comments: