Monday, May 21, 2007

Food Wars Continue

My other blog started as a weight loss blog. I have had that blog for two years, maybe more, and there hasn't been a lot of weight loss happening. Because I am always changing/stopping/evolving as far as my dieting journey goes, I have become reluctant to post about this, because I feel like I have failed somewhat. I still feel that I need to journal this all down though, even though the other blog has become a journal. I wanted somewhere else to write down my thoughts.

I have dieted on and off for over twenty years. I know exactly what to do, how often and how much! But I couldn't lose weight anymore. I'd hit a brick wall........ I can't do WW anymore. I don't ever want to try Jenny Craig again. I can't afford Sureslim, nor do I want the total deprivation which comes with that style of dieting.

So - no more dieting. I have found Intuitive Eating, and feel like this is an answer to my prayers........... I belong to a Ning group which is for those on IE and I have learnt alot through it. (I will post a link in the sidebar, when I get organized). At the moment I feel like I am failing at that too though. The weekend just gone was a retreat - and bucket loads of food is always involved in this weekend. By Sunday, I realized that I had overdone things, and I didn't feel real good about it. I had stomach pains Sunday night, and I felt so guilty. Diet mentality still reigns supreme.........

Need to go to Peaches and Cream and do some more reading.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Hi Jenny,

I so get what you are saying about food wars, guilt, the whole battleground that is moving on from dieting and trying to live your life a different way.

Dieting has been like my armour for so many years, because even though I was overweight, I was on a diet, so I was doing something about it. With IE I am not on a diet, so I am constantly trying to work out where I am going.

So we battle on together!

Vashta Narada said...

Please don't feel like a failure -- it's the diets that failed you, not the other way around.

The good thing about IE is that there's no failure, no perfectionist, all-or-nothing thinking. Progress in IE is gradual, not overnight success.

Hang in there and stay positive!