Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Enjoying food freedom

Just in case anyone is reading this and is wondering why they can't find their way back to my other blog. I have omitted the address from my profile as I have some younger readers, who I don't really want to read my innermost thoughts and feelings. So, if you haven't bookmarked it, leave a comment and let me know. The blogs are still accessible without password etc, just that you can't jump to them in my profile, where they were previously listed.

I have been doing some more reading of late, about others who have thrown diet mode out the window. Very interesting and very motivating. I feel like I am on the right path. I went into the supermarket today to buy some necessities, and I felt like some goodies..... I bought a nice tub of good yoghurt. To think that as a treat I pick something like that is really wierd. It's not a cake, not chocolate, but a yummy yoghurt that I will eat over three nights - because it's so filling I couldn't eat it in one sitting if I tried.

Probably the best thing, is that I can nuture one of my passions. I can cook. I can cook for my family whatever recipe my heart desires, without having to calculate points and decide that I can only have a small helping IF I eat a salad leaf for lunch!! The thing is I don't cook fatty anyway. I only deep fry something occasionally. I love making vegetable fritters, schnitzel and spring rolls (home made).............I would average one of these dishes about once a month, so it's not going to kill my arteries!

I wonder how many years it will take to get the rid of the dieting brainwashing?

No comments: