Monday, June 16, 2008

Still Changing me

I have been slack again and not updating this blog, but, have no fear, I haven’t fallen off the wagon. I’ve been on WW yet for 16 weeks and while I have still only lost around the 6kg mark, I am in no way falling off the wagon. It’s become second nature now, I still track every single day, but I don’t feel tempted to ‘cheat’. I know that if I write things down, I remember them, it’s too easy to let things creep in. I remember all those years ago, when I did WW (the second time) , and succeeded, I spent years afterwards tracking and the weight just stayed off.

I still have difficult moments, still evenings are my worst times. They are the times when I wish I had chocolate or nuts to nibble on. But every night, I get through it and just look forward to my cup of tea, my Vaalia yoghurt and 2 WW biscuits. They are my nightly indulgence. Naturally on the weekends I don’t have those, because my foods are generally higher in points. I am still eating less than my 19 daily points during the week, so I have enough for richer food on the weekend. It means I can also incorporate a scone, or some chocolate biscuits as well as my wine - so on the whole grand scheme of things I am not missing out on anything.

I didn’t think I’d lost any weight at all over the last few weeks, but on Saturday I wore my new Levi jeans. They look great with my boots and a lyrcra top and a brown vest. I feel comfortable and dressed up in them, in a nice casual kind of way. On Saturday I felt they needed a really good wash in hot water for them to get back into shape. I haven’t had them for that long. So, even if I don’t think I am losing weight, it’s quiet obvious that I still am.

On the WW forum, they started a 12 week challenge which finishes this Friday. I think everyone has fallen by the wayside, but I have kept all my measurements and stuff along the way, so will post my results on the weekend.

No comments: